It just feels there is too much going on in our lives, but I must rest in God's promise. 1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."
Adam is in Owensboro with his family. His grandmother went to meet our Savior this morning. The months have been difficult, but now we rest knowing she is in His presence for eternity. I am thankful Adam had one last opportunity to see his Mimi and read God's Word to her. I miss my husband especially on days like this when at twenty weeks pregnant I struggle to climb the ladders and slides at Monkey Joe's.
My dad returned from Vanderbilt University yesterday. He has been through several weeks of radiation. They return on September 28th to determine what chemotherapy to use. We continue to pray for a miracle and complete healing from the cancer. I trust God can and will remove this rampant disease from our world.
In spite of all this I should be rejoicing in the news of our healthy baby growing inside of me. Even though we were unable to completely identify the gender of the baby I am thrilled to know we have another healthy child to join our family. The sorrow I feel for the Burkes and Whitis is overwhelming. Far too often I take for granted my healthy beautiful baby boy.
Alexander will turn two on Friday, September 17th. Unfortunately, we will be celebrating Adam's grandmother's life that day as well. Alexander's birthday party was originally planned for Saturday, but the funeral will be this day instead. Sadly, we will postpone Alexander's party until the next week. I feel so selfish, but this is such a disappointment. I hate to take away from his birthday by having visitation and a funeral. I know God's timing is perfect though. I do remember the day Alexander was born we thought Mimi was going to die that day. She has lived nearly two years past that point and we praise God that she was able to meet and enjoy Alexander.
Finally, not to forget that nine years ago today our country was attacked. I remember taking the child I babysat to school and returning to hear the news. Living in Orlando, so far away from our families, was difficult in the midst of such a world tragedy. I am comforted by being near my family now, especially considering the death of Adam's grandmother and my dad's illness.
All this to say, there is so much going on in our world. I often think I can't take one more thing, but then I look around me and realize the goodness I am surrounded by, with only God our Father to thank. Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
No comments:
Post a Comment