This is our first Christmas without Daddy. Things are not at all usual today. Instead of going to Frankfort, Adam, Alexander, and I are staying here in Lexington. I have been busy cooking all day. Started with Monkey Bread and sausage balls for breakfast on Christmas day. Next I made Rice Krispie ornament balls for church tonight. Alexander loved rolling the ornaments in red and green sprinkles. I even wrapped Rolos in foil to look like the ornament hanger. Alexander wore his apron while helping to make the dinner rolls. He is very interested in cooking lately. Finally, we began cooking dinner...cornish game hens, dressing, broccoli, and a new homemade roll recipe. Not sure how the rolls will turn out. As a matter of fact now sure how anything will turn out except the broccoli.
Adam's mom and sister will be here late tonight. We will open gifts tomorrow and have a dinner of pork loin, mashed potatoes, and green beans.
Adam's mom and sister will be here late tonight. We will open gifts tomorrow and have a dinner of pork loin, mashed potatoes, and green beans.
Most importantly we are excited to celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ. As we prepare for the birth of our baby Audrey in just a few weeks, I can certainly relate with the feelings of anxiety and excitement Mary felt within her. The one thing I can't imagine is knowing that this child was going to be the Savior of the World and would one day be crucified for our sake. Luke 1:31-33 "You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”
Because of this, although we dearly miss Daddy we have the promise that we will one day be reunited in heaven. What a great promise. Merry Christmas everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment