Audrey took her first road trip this weekend. While Adam was in Nebraska visingti the McClellan's we headed to Frankfort. On Friday evening Jessica took Alexander home with her for the night. I took Audrey to the pediatrician for a check on her umbilical cord, it is still attached. We also discussed her reflux issues and the doctor prescribed Zantac. After going round and round at the pharmacy they realized Audrey has not yet been added to our health insurance. This can't occur until you have a social security number for a newborn. This process takes at least five weeks. Well the little girl was to be five weeks old on Saturday. After deciding to just pay for the prescription and deal with the insurance company later they informed me they were out of the Zantac. I asked them to fill it in Frankfort and I would get it on Saturday.
On Saturday I picked up Alexander at Jessica and Derek's. He had a great time. I had missed him, but had enjoyed spending some quiet time with Audrey. We arrived at my mom's house. Alexander was so excited to be there and to see her. He adores her. Nana and Cissy arrived soon after lunch. This was Nana's first visit with Audrey. Audrey's middle name, Harris, is Nana's father's name. We enjoyed a sweet time all together. Audrey had more visitors on Saturday including Judy, Paul, and Tammy. It is exciting to show off such a precious child.
On Sunday we had more visitors. Martha, Rob, Cindy, and Jaxson. Alexander loves playing with Jaxson. After dinner we packed up to head home. Alexander was so distraught that we were leaving Mimi. It breaks my heart to see him sad. I know it was difficult for my mom as well. I always feel a bit emotional when I leave Frankfort, after all it was home for more than twenty years. Now more than ever, having children, and especially with Daddy being gone it is difficult to leave. I feel I am leaving my mom so alone. It was awkward being there with the children and Daddy not being there. Mama even mentioned that she never got to hold the babies much when Daddy was around. He loved them so. I am thankful for Alexander's special relationship with my mom, but wish Daddy was here to enjoy Alexander and Audrey.
It is nice to be home. We were only gone for one night and the car was full and it took hours to pack and unpack all that it necessary for two children. I am thankful Adam is home safely. I can't imagine how much he missed the kids. While it was nice to visit with friends and family I love not having to go anywhere. I am such a homebody, although I do miss being at "home" where I grew up with my parents. I guess you are never too old go home and feel like a child with your parents. Mama and Daddy always spoiled me even when I visited as an adult. My mom would cook me whatever I wanted and Daddy would let me sleep in his bed. I pray I can always provide such a safe and happy environment for my children no matter how old they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment