Thursday, February 2, 2012

We've Come a Long Way Baby






Upon moving to Nebraska in October our permanent home was not ready.  There was lots to be done.  The majority of the house was gutted.  I was excited to help make decisions about the house and to even do some work.  The process got really long and difficult.  We were all getting frustrated.  There were many church members who spent hours and days painting, cleaning, etc.  Three months in the temporary house, with Audrey in our room, no dishwasher, trains in our backyard, and tons and tons of Asian Beetles was enough. 



By Christmas we could see the light at the end of the tunnel.  There was color on the walls: yellow, green, blue, pink, brown.  I love color.  New flooring was installed.  My beautiful cherry cabinets arrived. It was coming together.  I was thrilled.  
We went to Kentucky for Audrey's birthday on January 12th.  While we were away there was lots of work done.  Adam returned several days before the children and I.  He worked day and night as well getting ready for our return.  

On January 21st the kids and I returned to Nebraska to our new home.  It was beautiful.  There are still several things to be done, some trim work, painting the new banister to the basement, and carpeting the stairs to the basement.  I have worked for the last ten days unpacking.  We are finally home.  Praise God and thank you to all those who helped make this possible.  




 Audrey is sleeping in her OWN room, we love having a dishwasher again, and Alexander is thrilled to have his playroom in the basement.  Oh, I forgot to mention part of the renovation was adding a huge window in the basement where we pushed our sleep sofa and oversized chair in.  Otherwise they would not have fit down the stairs.  We have had a few plumbing issues, but for the most part it is perfect.  

No comments:

Post a Comment