Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Year of Surprises

2013 brought many surprises and blessings. 
July 2012 we learned 2013 would bring a big surprise.  Owen arrived healthy and beautiful in March. We were so grateful that his heart murmur went away quickly without medical intervention.  He is so affectionate.  He loves his brother and sister and they adore him, most of the time. 
 We had an amazing trip to Florida for Gospel Coalition and a quick trip to Disney World in April.  It was wonderful to have Mimi along on this trip. 

 Six weeks in Kentucky this summer provided lots of fun in the pool and at the baseball field.  


I also got to celebrate the engagement and upcoming wedding of my childhood best friend Kelley.  We had a southern style shower for her in July. 

My first born turned 5 in September.  He is as hard headed as his mother. 

 In October the kids and I made an extra trip to Kentucky to attend Kelley's wedding.  She was a beautiful bride. 
The biggest surprise of all was God calling us to a church in Owensboro.  We are thrilled to be near family and back in the south. We love our new home and it was a pleasure to celebrate our first Christmas here. 

Sadly, I have seen a few mothers suffer this year.  Some I knew personally, but others were friends of friends.  I pray for these ladies daily and the suffering they are experiencing as they grieve the loss of thier sons.  
Over this year I have listened to two songs almost daily.  Many days these songs played on repeat throughout the day.  

"Lord, I Need You" and "Though You Slay Me," http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyUPz6_TciY

As John Piper speaks of suffering in "Though You Slay Me," I continually pray for Erin and Jodi as I listen to this song. 


 
This year has certainly been a year of blessing for my family.  Although the pain of losing Daddy still hurts, I finally feel more peace and rest this year.  Much of this peace comes from being closer to my mom.  It was thrilling for her to be able to drive to Owensboro in just a few short hours to help us unpack at our new house.  We have grieved deeply the last few years.  Yes, God does allow us pain and suffering, but only for His glory, but he blesses us daily with His unmerited grace.
                 These three beautiful children are amazing blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment