Friday, April 22, 2016
Hands Free Mama
I recently read Hands Free Mama. As I've been trying to become more hands free and unplug from technology, projects, and my to do list I've been trying more to plug into my children. As I result I am more aware of the way Owen wraps his arms around my neck, like a headlock, as he falls asleep. Each time I move away he grabs ahold tighter. One day he won't want to hug his mama's neck. I see the way Audrey rubs her belly button when she's nervous. She also caresses my clothes and rubs the hair on her Dadd's arm. She is a toucher. Today she asked to lie on the putting green of the golf course because it was so soft. Alexander longs for his siblings to be tucked in bed so he can have his Mommy to himself. As I lie at the foot of his bed his deepest thoughts, concerns, and dreams are shared. I would be missing these things if it weren't for my effort to be hands free. I have a log way to go, but I'm already seeing the rewards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment