I refuse to give up summer until October first. After a quick trip to Nashville and back on Thursday and Friday, Alexander and I spent Saturday removing the signs of summer and welcoming fall. Alexander is a little intimidated by the scarecrow, but loves the pumpkins. For more than a year he has not allowed us to put away the jack a lantern that sits next to him in the car. He calls it turtle.
Along with the new fall décor came the need to organize all of the baby amenities. We sorted through all the maternity clothes and emptied the closet that will be in Alexander’s new room. As I pulled out each tiny item of Alexander’s wardrobe from the last two years memories flooded my head. I could recall who gave each gift and special events where Alexander wore each outfit. Although I am eager to shop for lots of pink for our new baby girl I was able to find numerous blue, green, and yellow items that will be useful for our new bundle of joy.
With fall break this week I am excited to spend precious time with my big boy. After a night away from him last week I am reluctant to leave again on the date I have planned with Adam, but I know this will be a much needed break from the difficulties we have experienced. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30
Just as we thought Daddy was getting close to the end of radiation and finally experiencing some relief from the shoulder pain we learn he must have surgery to replace the right shoulder. The cancer has completely eaten through the bone. Adam has gone to Nashville as the surgery is today. I know my dad is becoming weary of the ongoing pain and constant obstacles, but I pray that he will continue to find the strength to fight this battle so we may enjoy many more years with him. The change of seasons has brought more than cool air and falling leaves. No longer can I be Daddy’s little girl, but must put aside my needs and wants and do all I can to help provide him comfort love and peace. He is worth every bit of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment