Sunday, October 16, 2011

One Year Ago


October 15, 2010 my amazing father went to be with the Lord.  So much has happened in the last year.  Audrey was born, I left my job, we moved to Nebraska.  It is hard to believe that he has been gone a year, but it seems so long since I have seen his sweet face. 
Moving to Nebraska was much more difficult knowing Daddy was gone.  I feel tremendous responsibility for my mom and being so far away makes it nearly impossible to make sure she is ok.  On the other hand it makes it easier because I never wanted to disappoint my Daddy.  It would hurt me to think that he was disappointed we were moving and he would be unable to see Audrey and Alexander frequently.  I feel this same pain about my mom.  I know that Daddy would be supportive of our ministry here in Nebraska, but he would have hated for us to be so far away.  My mom mentioned how if Daddy were here that he and my mom would probably have driven to Nebraska to help us move.  I can only imagine how helpful he would have been helping us get our new house ready.  I wish he was here for so many reasons. 
All week I had hoped to think of some way to honor Daddy today.  I couldn’t think of anything to do.  When Adam came home from church this afternoon he said we were going to Harvest Moon Pumpkin Patch.  The Pumpkin Patch is owned by a sweet family at our church.  

After dinner we headed to the farm.  It was amazing.  Alexander loved riding the tricylces, racing the roller coasters, doing the zipline, and eating smores.  I even did the zip line.  The salted caramel apple cider was amazing.  We brought home a 19 pound pumpkin.  We saw lots of animals, including miniature ponies, Daddy’s favorite.  Without even knowing it we had done something special in remembrance of Daddy.  When I think of Daddy, I definitely think of living on a farm.  We love and miss you so much Daddy.  We look forward to the day we join you in heaven and spend eternity there. 

I have been reading Heaven is For Real.  I hope that what is portrayed in this book is true.  I hope that we can recognize our family and they can see what is happening on earth.  I don’t know if this is true, but it gives me a little more peace about Daddy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment