On Easter Sunday we left for a
visit to Kentucky. We had a rough start.
Audrey girl had gotten sick three times since 5 am. I was sure she had a stomach virus, but after
not throwing up for several hours I felt it was ok to take her to church. She never got sick again. As we were landing in Minneapolis guess who
got sick…. Alexander. My thoughts of a
stomach virus resurfaced. Remember we
have done this before. It seemed to be a
combination of coughing and turbulence that caused Alexander’s vomiting. Praise the Lord. ![]() |
| Easter Egg Hunt on Monday Audrey loved Carter's puppy Rocky |
We arrived in Louisville around
10:30pm. Madeline was there to pick us
up and Alexander was thrilled to see her.
My mom was just as excited to see the kids when we reached Frankfort. We enjoyed a few quiet days in Frankfort as
the kids and I were still struggling with colds. On Wednesday, we spent time with Jessica and
Addie. Audrey loved Addie and tried to pick her up and patted on her
saying, “Baby.” Addie is almost as big
as Audrey.
![]() |
| Alexander, Audrey, & Addie |
On Thursday, we had lunch with
Ronnie and Janet and Claire. Alexander
and Claire had a great time playing together.
They obviously remembered being together in January. From there we headed to Louisville to pick up
Adam and headed to Owensboro.
Alexander got to go bowling for
the first time. Mommy wasn’t very happy
that she didn’t get to be part of this first experience. Not to mention that I love bowling.
Adam and I enjoyed a nice dinner
together at Briarpatch without the kids.
We also got to go on a few runs together and separately. Alexander got to have another first that
Monday. We went to school with Tami.
Tami teaches three year olds at Cathedral Preschool. Alexander had a great time learning about
caterpillars and reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
| Fun With Cousins, Jaxson, Conner, and Carson |
![]() | |
| Capitol Steps |
![]() |
| Alexander and Mimi |
We headed back to Frankfort for a
few more days. Unfortunately, my mom had to work each of these days. We visited her at the Capitol and took some
special pictures. Unfortunately, the
tulips had already bloomed and had been removed. My mom was supposed to return to Nebraska
with us, but due to the General Assembly calling a special session, she was
unable to leave and had to continue working.
![]() |
| Audrey was entertained on the plane with the flannel board pieces from the church nursery . |
As we arrived at the airport on
Friday I received a phone call saying my flight had been delayed. This was going to cause me to miss my connection
in Minneapolis. I had to change airlines
and fly to Dallas a few hours later than my original flight. Thankfully my sister and Cissy took us to
lunch rather than us having to sit in the airport. I had only agreed to stay in Kentucky longer
than Adam if my mom flew back with me. I
was not thrilled about flying with both kids alone, AGAIN. It isn’t horrible, but there is nothing easy about
it. The only positive thing is I did get
$200 in vouchers from Delta for having to change airlines. American also tore up our stroller and gave
us a voucher for a whopping $30. Needless
to say we were relieved to be back in Oakland several hours later than
planned. It is always good to go home to
Kentucky, but it sure makes me realize all that I am missing. I never realized how beautiful Kentucky was
until I moved to Nebraska.





No comments:
Post a Comment