Friday, June 15, 2012

All Girl: Shoes, Clothes, & Bows





[

 Audrey took her first tumble down the stairs on May 23rd.  I knew this was coming.  She had learned to climb the stairs and come back down.  She was trying to bring blankies down from her room and tumbled down 8 hardwood steps.  She cried a bit and had a small bump on her forehead, but she was fine.  Audrey has a love of shoes and clothes.  She has one special polka dot shirt that she loves.  Anytime she sees it she pulls it out and insists on wearing it.  She loves everyone's shoes.  We often hear thump, thump, thump thinking she has fallen down the stairs again.  Thankfully, it is just our shoes.  She throws them down the stairs and them climbs down to get them and put them on her feet.  She doesn't care who's shoes they are.  She says, "Shoes." She must get that from her Mimi, because I hate shoes. I hate buying shoes, I hate wearing shoes.  The first thing I do when I get in the house or the car is take off my shoes.
Audrey Playing With My Barbies
Audrey loves her baby dolls.  She says, "Baby." She even calls her brother a baby and pats him on the head and rubs his back.  She loves to rock her babies and wrap them up in blankets and dish rags.  She gives the kisses and loves on them just like we love on her.
Even though she loves all things girl, she still loves getting dirty. 
Auj loves her hair bows.  She doesn't like to keep them in her hair, but she loves to stand up and choose them and play with them.  She calls them, "B." She likes for Mommy to wear her bows as well, but then she will take them out of my hair and pull a little hair with it.

Baby girl loves her belly button.  When she is sleepy or upset she tries to find her belly button and stick her finger in it.  This is especially difficult when she wears a onesie.  At night I sometimes have to unzip her PJs so she can find her button to soothe herself.  A little strange, I think.
On Sunday, June 3 Audrey took her first steps.  She didn't even realize she was walking.  It was so exciting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment