One night this week I went upstairs to put away laundry and was surprised to find Alexander still awake with his light on. I began to get upset that he was still awake and not trying to sleep then I realized he was reading his Bible. He had it open to the Gospel of John. He said he had a long prayer asking God to work in his heart more than anyone else's so he could get baptized. I pointed out to him John 3:16 which was underlined in the Bible he was reading.
Adam has been reading scripture to him since the day he was born. We did Lifeway's summer reading program and have read several great Christian children's books this summer.
Well anyway, this morning during the invitation, he looked at me and said,"I'm going down there." I knew Adam wasn't expecting this so I tried to see if I could delay Alexander. I realized I couldn't squash his enthusiasm so I let him go. Praise God our baby accepted Jesus as his Savior today. He is so excited to get baptized.

No comments:
Post a Comment